HstWB Installer for Classic Amiga
HstWB Installer is a set of powershell scripts, image templates, configuration files, AmigaDOS scripts and binaries used to easily build Amiga HDF or directory images with automated installation of Workbench, Kickstarts roms and packages with additional content for Classic Amiga. It's currently being developed and maintained by Henrik Nørfjand Stengaard.
Setting up a blank Amiga HDF image with e.g. PFS3, Workbench, Kickstarts roms, WHDLoad games and demos installed properly can be a cumbersome task unless you spend a lot of time figuring out how this is done step by step.
This is where HstWB Installer come to aid and can help to automate such installations using WinUAE and should be possible for almost anyone to do with very little knowledge about Amiga.
The packages included are BetterWB, HstWB, EAB WHDLoad games and demos menus for both AGA and OCS. Menu packages has screenshots and details for EAB games and demos WHDLoad packs configured for Arcade Game Selector 2 and iGame. These packages can be added to an image configuration and will be installed during HstWB Installer installation process.
In general HstWB Installer is build as a minimalistic as possible using BetterWB and HstWB to support A500 as a minimum. HstWB is mainly targeted A500, A600, A1200. The minimalistic approach allows users to customize it further with their own preferences like installing eg. MagicWB or Scalos.
Since Amiga Workbench and Kickstart roms are licensed property these files can't be included as they need to be acquired legally by buying Cloanto Amiga Forever or using grabkick from aminet to dump roms from real Amiga's.
HstWB is short for my name and Workbench (very original, I know).
Start using HstWB with following options:
HstWB self install HDF images are ready for use in an emulator or on real Amiga without having to install and use HstWB Installer.
This can be used to create a new Workbench setup and customize it by selecting packages to install during self install.
Use a HstWB self install HDF image with following steps:
- Download and unzip one of the HstWB self install HDF images.
- Use Tutorial 6: Writing a HDF image to CF/SD card using Win32DiskImager to write self install HDF image to a CF/SD card, if needed.
- Use Tutorial 3: Running self install in an emulator or on real Amiga to run self install HDF image in an emulator or on real Amiga.
HstWB package installation is prebuild with all packages currently available and is ready for use in an emulator or on real Amiga without having to install and use HstWB Installer.
This can be used to install one or more packages to existing Workbench setup, eg. installing just EAB Games or Demos packages to an existing Workbench 3.1 (or better) setup.
Use HstWB package installation with following steps:
- Download and unzip HstWB package installation.
- Use Tutorial 5: Running package installation in an emulator or on real Amiga to run package installation in an emulator or on real Amiga.
HstWB Installer can be used to create, install and build own HDF images, build self install HDF images or package installations.
Use HstWB Installer with following steps:
- Download, unzip and install HstWB Installer by double-clicking on .msi installer.
- Use Tutorial 1: Create an image using install mode to create an image using install mode.
- Use Tutorial 2: Create an image using build self install mode to create an image using build self install mode.
- Use Tutorial 4: Create a package installation using build package installation mode to build package installation using build package installation mode.
v1.1.0 (2017-06-12 21:30 CET)
- Updated readme for packages and HstWB Installer.
- Added FAQ to HstWB Installer and HstWB Package.
- Added 32GB and 64GB HDF images. Existing image template sizes have been adjusted and should fit into any brand CF/SD card.
- Removed BETA2 from HstWB Installer version.
- Updated HstWB Installer tutorial screenshots to reflect v1.1.0 and latest changes.
- Added natural sort for Create Image Directory From Image Template menu.
- Added better step descriptions for building package installation tutorial.
- Fixed copying workbench or kickstart rom files containing exclamation mark characters.
- Removed mod files from EAB Games menu packages that sounded strange being played with easymod.
v1.1.0-BETA2 (2017-05-31 15:17 CET)
- Fixed errors occurring when running self-install in emulator or real Amiga not having 4 floppy devices attached. Thanks to Tomse for notifying me.
- Updated install Workbench script to work with non-Cloanto Workbench adf files.
- Updated HstWB package default settings: Load scsi.device 43.45, PeterK icon.library and start Amiga Boot Selector.
- Updated ClassicWB packages with installation of scsi.device 43.45.
- Completed HstWB Installer readme tutorials.
v1.1.0-BETA1 (2017-05-23 11:33 CET)
- Added build self install and build package installation mode.
- Changed from image HDF path to image directory to support multiple HDF files using image templates.
- Added WinForm dialogs for selecting directories instead of entering paths in console.
- Added and adjusted 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB and 64GB HDF image templates.
- Added documentation for HstWB Installer functionality, usage and tutorials with step by step descriptions and screenshots.
- Updated msi installer to include readme for HstWB Installer and included packages readme.
For details about HstWB Installer, please read documentation and tutorials at HstWB Installer Github.
YouTube video showing WinUAE being configured and running 4GB HstWB self install v1.1.0-BETA1 HDF image https://youtu.be/oppoOPUdmsA.
HstWB Installer is a hobby project being developed and maintained in my spare time.
Feel free to donate, if you want to express your appreciation of using HstWB Installer.